Lingua Franca

I am the stone that the builder refused...

2005/08/15

When will you women stop being so damned attractive.

Over the weekend, I attended my friend's wedding. It was a blast: good friends, good wine, attractive girls.

Attractive women have always been a major problem for me. For all the annoyance I have had with past relationships, I would be more than content to just ignore the opposite sex entirely. This is impossible - it is like trying to nail Jell-o to a wall: the odds are against you and you are bound to get very frustrated.

It almost seems unfair that at some point a woman will come along and exhibit the familiar sexual signals we are all accustomed to giving and receiving. I didn't ask her to do that... now I'm forced to deal with her by either giving way to her advances or politely saying no.

The reality is, that the signals probably aren't for me and are directed at a more general male audience. Is there a way of telling the difference? That is even less fair.

What is the least fair of all, is that I cannot ignore it. Not because of any sort of human deficiency, no we are fully responsible for our actions in that respect. I can't ignore it because I don't want to.

I can TRY and ignore it... which is fun to do every now and then. As hard as it is to nail Jell-o to a wall, I'll bet you want to try it now that I've mentioned it. But the attempt to ignore is just another countermeasure in the battle for attention with the opposite sex.

Now that this subject has been broached, I can move on to more important posts, like how I hate doing laundry... or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home