Lingua Franca

I am the stone that the builder refused...

2005/08/18

The next great novel...

I've wanted to be a writer for a long time. I know that I can write well when I put my mind to it.

I've had writer's block for a long time. I know that I can never dish out any good ides when I put my mind to it.

Therein lies the dilemna.

The biggest problem I have is that I cannot or do not want to draw from my own personal experiences. For some reason, I worry that people will pick up on the most encrypted of life situations and then suddenly it will be known that I like that redhead that everyone else knows or I slept with my ex-girlfriend's best friend.

They won't, and that is merely a convenient excuse to prevent me from ever completing a novel.

So is the biggest human setback fear or laziness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home