Lingua Franca

I am the stone that the builder refused...

2005/09/19

I'm back from a weekend away...

And I get to see Lou Barlow...

Better still, I get to see Lou FUCKING Barlow.

For those of you who don't know. Lou Barlow is a purveyor of some of the best low-fi indie rock to ever be created. He was the former bassist for Dinosaur Jr., he was the front man for Sebadoh, and as a solo artist, he is absolutely amazing.

I'm kind of surprised he is coming to Ottawa since we get so few good indie rock acts. But on the contrary, everyone who I would have thought was going, is not... and most of them have stated "who is Lou Barlow?"

This just goes to show that fame is relative and subjective.

Well I'm going, and Jaime will be accompanying me to find out exactly what the deal with Lou Barlow is. I'm sure it will be a night to remember and you can expect a post about it.

For those of you interested: Go here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home