Lingua Franca

I am the stone that the builder refused...

2006/01/26

I am the stone that the builder refused...

A few of my friends are very excited about the fact that I am growing a beard.

I used to have a very impressive beard with long hair. They were upset when I cut it. I was discussing their passion for my facial hair the other day.

They maintain, that I am the best Jesus looking person that they have ever seen and I should work to maintain that appearance.

I thought this was a little silly. Put a beard and long hair on any white guy and you have the generic Jesus down to a tee.

When I expressed this to them, one of them responded by saying "yeah, but with other people, you think, 'hey that guy is Jesus, that's pretty funny' but you could easily convince people that you are their Lord and Saviour."

So Jesus is an overweight, farsighted, twenty-something, white guy who lives in an urban centre.

Surely we can invest the faith of millions of people in something a little better.

Besides, everyone knows that Jesus was black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home